Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Obama's Abridged Version of the Summit



So for those who did not tune in to the six hour affair of the health care summit, President Obama provided a way for everyday Americans to stay in touch with this issue. One thing I found interesting is that he said that the Republicans had good ideas. As I mentioned in my earlier blog post, I can not help but feel like he is doing it to get support.

He touched on many important issues. I think he tried to make it sound like the summit brought out what needed to be done and he did a good job. I noticed that towards the end, President Obama started doing what he does best; "riling" the Americans up for action and "inspiring" them (or us). He is very good in making sure that he is understood and that everyone knows what needs to be done.

I also think that this video is a response to the critics who say that the process has not been transparent enough. It seems like Obama is giving no one the room to disagree with him, and personally, I think it is a good tactic.

No comments:

Post a Comment