Tuesday, March 16, 2010

No Homosexuality at Prom?

So, this story has been all over the internet the past few weeks. Constance, a Lesbian student in Mississippi wanted to take her girlfriend to her High School prom, and she was told that she could not take her girlfriend to prom. She refused, and her school district canceled their prom. I do not think that this is OK at all. This all goes back to the opposition to homosexuality. I have made myself pretty clear on this topic in the blog before, and will reiterate; I do not think this makes any sense at all. It is not a choice and people should not be criticized for things that they cannot control.

The response to this story, in my eyes, has been incredible. People have started to thinking about creating another prom for the students at the school. Also, there is a Facebook group that has hundreds of thousands of "fans" supporting her.

No comments:

Post a Comment