Monday, February 8, 2010

Corporations



Although I do not completely agree with this video, I understand where this man gets his frustration and feels the need to express his anger at what the corporations have come to be. He states that all corporations are made ony to make money, which I completely agree with. However, I do not completely see eye to eye with him when he talks about diferent ad campaigns. I do find some of the advertisement platforms contradictory, but I feel as though different brands of the same corporations have a limited freedom to target a certain demographic for their own advertisements.

Take the Dove and Axe example, Dove's "be naturally beautiful" ad campaign is meant to target people who would wear dove, and therefore its advertisement is shifted towards them, while Axe's ads are meant to target young men.

No comments:

Post a Comment