Friday, January 29, 2010

J.D. Salinger

While he may not be strictly related to Government or Economics, I feel the need to comment on JD Salinger's death. I was informed of this through trending topics (which seem to be very useful in broadcasting new news stories) when I was checking my twitter at lunch break.

As an author, I despise J.D. Salinger; that is not something I am going to lie about, but I recognize the immense impact he has had on a few generations. I have heard stories from people who dealt with high school "because Holden could". He has inspired a great amount of aspiring authors and has completely changed contemporary literature by introducing a new style and not backing down from saying what he truly feels.

He has been known to stay "out of the spotilight" and under the radar, but both his life and death have made an imprint on the minds of young and old people alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment