Friday, January 8, 2010

Community Service Project

For our class, we are required to fulfill a certain number (15) of hours of community service. I have decided to complete mine volunteering at a local hospital 3 hours a week. My volunteering takes place mostly in the Postpartum Department of the hospital. One advantage of this volunteering choice is the health care reform that is going on now. In my observation of the workplace and the patients, I have been able to experience the needs that exist in the health care reform arena. Many are faced with the cost of hospital fees who cannot afford them, and many are confronted with difficulties that were not previously accounted, such as the infants who spend the first weeks of their lives in the Intensive Care Nursery.

I am greatly looking forward to completing this project and being able to keep up with it in the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment