Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ultimatums

One thing that I find incredibly irritating is an ultimatum. To me it's just a way of putting of the inevitable and a somewhat polite way of asking someone to step down from any argument or stance a person takes. When it angers me the most is when the ultimatum affects other people's lives. It is just an immature way of taking advantage of someone. So you can imagine when I saw that some Republicans are making claims that they will not attend the health care summit unless the health care bill was scrapped, I was not pleased. To me it is a cheap trick to delay reform and take rights that people deserve away just to say in office the extra year or to make yourself more comfortable. An ideal politician (in my view) would put the lives and rights of the people of their nation above all else, which is what the Republican party needs to do.

1 comment: