Thursday, October 8, 2009

Heath Care Debate.. Part 2

I believe that health care should be given to all those who require or want it. From what I can remember, the reports mentioned in this article are the first concrete numbers we have received from the government. I think it would have been useful to see the actual percentages that the taxes would be raised by, because to us, $829 billion is just a number. It has no tangible meaning. I do think however, that this will be good for the country if it is adopted. The article also mentions the fact that our debt will be reduced by $81 billion a year, which is something that needs to be done.
The problem with the non-profit insurance companies is that they will have to compete with the private insurance for prices. I posted about this before on my blog, and I still feel that the public option would be the best for the country at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment