Thursday, April 1, 2010

Health Care for Immigrants

What really interested me about this article was the section that introduced and explained what the new health care bill means for immigrants to the United States. One thing that did not surprise me was the fact that illegal immigrants are not covered. Personally, I believe that if someone lives in the United States picks food for consumers for so many hours of the day, they should be able to be a citizen without taking any tests or meeting other requirements. I have looked at "practice questions" for those wishing to become a citizen, and can say very strongly that over 30% of all natural-born American Citizens would be able to pass the test. So, if someone can work hard in our country, I think that we should provide them with coverage and treat them as a citizen, even if that means taxing them; if someone wants to have the benefits of America, they should be treated like a citizen in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment